Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Hands Down!

In a world where violence is seen all around, it is reassuring to see gentlemen treating their women with respect. Like many parents do, my parents have taught me to never put my hands on another individual. It's bad enough seeing two people of the same sex physically fighting, but there's nothing worse than seeing a man put his hands on a woman.
 
Under any circumstances, it is never, never, acceptable for a man to put his hands on a woman.
 
Coming from an abusive relationship, I know first hand what struggles abuse may bring. Physical and verbal abuse has the power to destroy anyone under its reigns. It breaks down a person's confidence and causes them to lose sight of who they are as a person. No one should have to go through being abused. So fellas' next time you bring your hand up towards a woman, stop and think. Imagine she were your mother. Would you still hit her?
 
You should always treat women with respect. Even though we can come off a little strong at times, we have feelings too. We all hope to find our prince charming. We all hope to find a man who will bring out the best of us rather than break us down.
 
Every female deserves to know that someone cares about her. 

1 comment:

  1. Amen! I strongly, strongly believe in what you are saying. I have witnessed many times where my friends and even myself have been in a relationship such as this. You are never the same after an event as such so you put up walls towards anyone who tries to show love and care towards you. It takes forever, in my experience, to truely trust anyone so fast. These are words of wisdom that not just guys need to learn. I've seen some women, not many, become the ones who are the abusers. We need to feel safe in any relationship.

    ReplyDelete